We, the ATO participants and athletes, with the support of the Kyiv City Association of ATO Veterans, are organizing a cycle tour “Chumak Way to North America” with a length of more than 10,000 km, which will take place from May 2018 to August 2018, through 25 states and provinces, namely : California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Ontario, New York, Quebec, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland and DC.
More about the route can be found on our website: http://proidysvit.org/en/cycle-ride-chumak-way-in-america
(dates may change, and the possible change of cities in which we will not find community support within a radius of 50 km).
Our goals are:
- To improve the image and recognition of Ukraine;
- To present Ukrainian companies and innovative projects in the USA and Canada;
- Unite Ukrainians of the whole world as an effective team;
- To prove the invincibility of the Ukrainian spirit;
- Specifically help those who suffered as a result of the war in the Donbass
We ask you to assist in the following issues:
- Establishing links with leaders of Ukrainian communities on our route;
- Organizing mass meetings with the Ukrainian community and local authorities.
- Inviting local cyclists to join our bike ride on a certain section of the road or ride along with our group in the city.
- Distribution of information about our bike race among the local media and cycling communities and provided us with their contacts.
- Solving household needs – meals and overnight stays for bike riders (even an option in the yard, we have our own tents); washing and shower, internet and recharging batteries.
- To inform about Ukrainian festivals, events, weekends, on which we could speak before the community.
- While organizational preparation for bike ride is ongoing, we are actively looking for sponsors and partners of our project. Therefore, we would be grateful for the contacts of companies and the media who would be interested in our project in the USA and Canada.
- Show of new Ukrainian films about the war in the Donbass and the events of EuroMaydan.
- Coverage of realities from the area of fighting in the east of Ukraine, reports from the participants of these events, first-hand communication, live communication.
- Gift items with national symbols and attributes, which funds will be used for charitable purposes.
- Familiarity with Ukrainian startups, technology innovations, projects, brands.
- We will shoot scenes for the Ukrainian 1 + 1 TV channel and we need the most interesting and prominent representatives with whom we could meet.
Please think about what would be interesting and useful for us to bring from Ukraine: books, children’s literature, symbols and attributes, products, exhibitions, films, etc.
We already have media experience thanks to our group experience. For example, during a charity bike ride “Ukrainians in Europe” with a length of more than 11,000 km for 102 days on the road, as well as a bike ride through Ukraine “West-East” over 2,000 kilometers in 40 days on the road, we met tens of thousands of people, our web pages had up to 500 views a day or more, and Ukrainian and local mass media during this period about us wrote and displayed in news more than 250 times.
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely, organizer of cycle tour “Chumak Way to North America”, K.V. Samchuk
The project leader, Konstantin Samchuk, is a Ukrainian traveler, an athlete, and an ATO veteran. In his list of achievements: Climbing to the highest points of 4 continents: Elbrus 5621m (Europe), Kilimanjaro 5895m (Africa), Kosciusko peak 2228m (Australia) and Aconcagua alone 6962m (South America) and others.